CAREERS- STYLIST (Full Time and Part Time)
Pilot and Powell is growing!
As we expand our team, our mission to provide excellent customer service in an inviting space featuring an expertly-curated collection of clothing remains the same.
To learn more about career opportunities at Pilot and Powell, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
STYLIST, Full Time and Part Time
New Orleans, LA (3901 Magazine Street)
Pilot and Powell stylists are enthusiastic about fashion and passionate about providing high end service. They are expected to make connections with walk-in customers, actively clientele both new and long term customers, confidently provide style advice and support to clients while shopping in-store and/or online, follow through and follow up with clients while providing a friendly and welcoming environment. The store is expected to be spotless and attractive and staffed by helpful, polite, courteous and knowledgeable individuals. Stylists act as brand ambassadors reflective of the company values and aspirational aesthetic.
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection, serving both walk-ins and loyal clients with excellent customer service and thorough knowledge of our brands
- Provides a helpful, courteous, and inviting setting
- Acts as personal stylists and fitting room expert to elevate service
- Follows store policy concerning the security and confidentiality of customers and employees, store inventory and company data
- Utilizes Pilot and Powell’s clienteling process
- Meets sales goals consistently
- Reaches out to local and national clients daily
- Sends product to out of town clients daily
- Checks out clients in the POS
- Interacts positively with clients, ensures specific follow-up issues are communicated back to the client (ie. Notifies clients of hold/approval regulations to ensure client is charged in a timely/correct manner, notifies clients concerning new merchandise, alterations, and events)
- Maintains knowledge of merchandise, fashion and upcoming events. Is an expert on all products in the store
- Communicate product and customer feedback to managers and/or owners
AESTHETIC UNDERSTANDING & APPLICATION
- Works with co-owners for stock-to-sales processes and upholds presentation standards
- Assists with the maintenance, organization and cleanliness of the sales floor, office and storage areas
- Maintains clean dressing rooms
- Engages with local community via events and social media platforms
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year experience of luxury retail sales
- Self-motivated resourceful
- Multi-tasker with an awareness of priority and timeline
- Technologically savvy
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communicator
WORK HOURS + FAQ
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Perks: PTO, Paid holidays, discounts on merchandise, clothing allowance
About Pilot and Powell
On a bright, airy corner of Magazine Street surrounded by historic architecture and charming blocks peppered with restaurants and boutiques sits Pilot & Powell — an inviting space featuring an expertly-curated collection of clothing and accessories. Co-owners Kathryn Bullock Joyner and Coeli Hilferty Boron opened the luxury retail and lifestyle concept store in November 2016 and it has since become a mainstay in New Orleans's most vibrant shopping corridor.
With an eye for approachable luxury, contemporary classics, and hints of Southern polish Bullock and Hilferty aim to complement the modern woman's wardrobe. Together, they offer a wearable, interesting, and thought-provoking edit of the world’s most exciting brands. The freshly-edited range of classic designer apparel sits next to progressive contemporary sportswear and accessories. In-house alterations and a warm atmosphere round out Pilot and Powell’s successful one-stop-shop model.
Both Hilferty and Bullock bring over two decades of fashion retail experience and lend a unique lens that is well-suited for Pilot & Powell’s individualized shopping experience.