CAREERS- STORE MANAGER
Pilot and Powell is growing!
As we expand our team, our mission to provide excellent customer service in an inviting space featuring an expertly-curated collection of clothing remains the same.
To learn more about career opportunities at Pilot and Powell, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
STORE MANAGER, Full Time
New Orleans, LA (3901 Magazine Street)
Pilot and Powell’s Store Manager is enthusiastic about fashion and thrives in a fast pace, interactive environment. They foster a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for staff and customers and act as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values and aspirational aesthetic. The Store Manager oversees all team members and communicates effectively across departments. By confidently providing style advice and support, the Store Manager helps the team drive sales goals through high-end service, making genuine connections with customers, and following up and following through with client and staff needs. The Store Manager is responsible for maintaining floor visual standards.
- Oversees sales team to ensure sales floor is properly staffed and team meets sales goals consistently
- Works with co-owners to create sales goals for stylists and actively aids them in achieving their goals, communicates goal achievements to co-owners
- Creates sales staff schedule and manages any issues that arise with scheduling
- Works with stylists to ensure approvals are charged in a timely manner
- Works with stylists to ensure alterations and shipments are handled in a timely manner
- Checks out clients in the POS
- Creates client lists for special events, new inventory alerts and any other store news. Assigns communication to proper stylists.
- Knows and develops relationships with top clients
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection, serving both walk-ins and loyal clients with excellent customer service and thorough knowledge of our brands
- Provides a helpful, courteous, and inviting setting
- Follows store policy concerning the security and confidentiality of customers and employees, store inventory and company data
- Interacts positively with clients
- Holds stylists accountable for relaying specific follow-up issues back to the client (ie. Notifies clients of hold/approval regulations to ensure client is charged in a timely/correct manner, notifies clients concerning new merchandise, alterations, and events)
- Maintains knowledge of merchandise, fashion and upcoming events. Is an expert on all products in the store
- Communicates product and customer feedback to owners
- Collaborates with stylists on daily email recaps, holds monthly one on one meetings with staff and leads daily morning meeting
AESTHETIC UNDERSTANDING & APPLICATION
- Works with co-owners for stock-to-sales processes and upholds presentation standards
- Assists with the maintenance, organization and cleanliness of the sales floor, office and storage areas
- Maintains clean dressing rooms
- Engages with local community via events and social media platforms
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years experience of luxury retail sales
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Multi-tasker with an awareness of priority and timeline
- Technologically savvy
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communicator
WORK HOURS + FAQ
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Perks: PTO, Paid holidays, discounts on merchandise, clothing allowance
About Pilot and Powell
On a bright, airy corner of Magazine Street surrounded by historic architecture and charming blocks peppered with restaurants and boutiques sits Pilot & Powell — an inviting space featuring an expertly-curated collection of clothing and accessories. Co-owners Kathryn Bullock Joyner and Coeli Hilferty Boron opened the luxury retail and lifestyle concept store in November 2016 and it has since become a mainstay in New Orleans's most vibrant shopping corridor.
With an eye for approachable luxury, contemporary classics, and hints of Southern polish Bullock and Hilferty aim to complement the modern woman's wardrobe. Together, they offer a wearable, interesting, and thought-provoking edit of the world’s most exciting brands. The freshly-edited range of classic designer apparel sits next to progressive contemporary sportswear and accessories. In-house alterations and a warm atmosphere round out Pilot and Powell’s successful one-stop-shop model.
Both Hilferty and Bullock bring over two decades of fashion retail experience and lend a unique lens that is well-suited for Pilot & Powell’s individualized shopping experience.